SECTION 32-5-222 OF THE ALABAMA CODE
A portion of the fine to be used to provide vouchers for child restraints to low income families.
- At least 1 yr or 20 lbs. - rear facing infant or rear facing convertible seat
- At least 5 yrs or 40 lbs. – forward facing convertible or forward facing carseat
- Until age 6 - booster seat
- Until age 15 years - seat belt
- $25 with no court costs. (May differ locally)
- One Point against license, two points per each repeat offense.
- Charges dismissed upon proof of acquisition of seat. (May differ locally)
Follow @SafeHomeAlabama for all SHA Update notifications