Meet OSHA’s Powered Industrial Truck Standard (1910.178) using the National Safety Council’s Coaching the Lift Truck OperatorTM training program.
Over 95,000 people are injured and millions of dollars are lost each year in forklift incidents. Now you must comply with OSHA’s new training standards, aimed at greatly reducing those injury statistics and related costs. This course is a comprehensive program updated to cover all aspects of lift truck operation, including:
- Operator training definitions from OSHA and NIOSH
- Lift truck design
- Vehicle safety inspections
- Moving with and without a load
- Picking up and stacking a load
- Utilizing scanning techniques
- Special considerations such as trailers, ramps, and elevators
- Pedestrian safety (for non-operators who work around lift trucks)
If you are interested in more information or to schedule a class, call our office. 800.457.7233.
- Train the Trainer Courses -- you become the skilled instructor
- Onsite Training -- teach your employees with quality NSC instructors
Follow @SafeHomeAlabama for all SHA Update notifications