The 2018 Alabama Rural Road Safety Conference is for city engineers, county engineers, public works officials, transportation planners, DOT personnel, and others who are responsible for the design, maintenance, and safety of rural roads. This years conference is to strengthen your knowledge of available tools, countermeasures, and processes to improve safety on your roads. The Conference will highlight methods to identify rural road safety issues and appropriate countermeasures by utilizing real world examples and activities, which will prepare participants to apply the concepts learned to roadway operations and maintenance. This years Conference will be a joint meeting with the Alabama Section of ITE.
- Based on Crash Analysis, Selecting the Correct Countermeasure
- Application of High Friction Surface
- Performing a Meaningful Safety Analysis
with a Limited Data Set
- A Workshop on Developing a Safety Plan for
- Rail Crossing Preemption with Traffic Signals
- Adaptive Signals