Summer 2020 Safety Compass Newsletter
In this issue…
- What’s new?
- State departments of transportation put pedestrian safety into context
- Considerations for developing a local safety policy or program
- Roadway safety analysis videos: from basic to advanced application of the predictive method and crash modification factors
- 2019 Safety Discipline Award Winners
- Data and analysis
- Update on pedestrian and bicycle crash analysis tools
- Data visualization in safety transportation planning
- Model inventory of roadway elements fundamental data elements
- Safety-driven changes and improvements
- Funding tribal road safety with the Transportation Program Safety Fund
- Safety data business plans: technical assistance to enhance safety data
- Fremont’s successful midsize city vision zero approach
- Making roads safer for first responders
- Median cable rails preventing cross-median crashes in Montana
- Learning together
- A Bonner County participant shares his perspective on the rural road departure peer exchange
- Moving FoRRRwd together
- Stakeholder workshop results on automated vehicles, safety, and human factors
- New railway safety noteworthy practices available!
- New lane departure countermeasure outreach resources available!
Read the newsletter here.