Alabama Child Restraint Law
SECTION 32-5-222 OF THE ALABAMA CODE
- At least 1 yr or 20 lbs. – rear facing infant or rear facing convertible seat
- At least 5 yrs or 40 lbs. – forward facing convertible or forward facing car seat
- Until age 6 – booster seat
- Until age 15 years – seat belt
- $25 with no court costs. (May differ locally)
- One Point against license, two points per each repeat offense.
- Charges dismissed upon proof of acquisition of seat. (May differ locally)
A portion of the fine to be used to provide vouchers for child restraints to low income families.