Countermeasures That Work: A Highway Safety Countermeasure Guide For State Highway Safety Offices Tenth Edition, 2020
The guide is a basic reference to assist State Highway Safety Offices (SHSOs) in selecting effective, evidence-based countermeasures for traffic safety problem areas. These areas include:
- Alcohol- and Drug-Impaired Driving;
- Seat Belts and Child Restraints;
- Speeding and Speed Management;
- Distracted Driving;
- Motorcycle Safety;
- Young Drivers;
- Older Drivers;
- Pedestrian Safety;
- Bicycle Safety; and
- Drowsy Driving.
- describes major strategies and countermeasures that are relevant to SHSOs;
- summarizes strategy/countermeasure use, effectiveness, costs, and implementation time; and
- provides references to the most important research summaries and individual studies.
Read the full guide here.