Systemic Pedestrian Safety Analysis
This Guidebook was developed to provide a framework for transportation agencies to take the steps needed to advance toward implementing a risk‐based, systemic pedestrian safety management process to reduce pedestrian crashes. It aims to:
- Provide rationale and motivation for taking a systemic approach;
- Clarify key terms and definitions;
- Describe the data needs for a systemic process, and offer guidance on how agencies can acquire
- Offer guidance for conducting a systemic analysis, as well as provide alternative methods and
- Highlight real‐world examples that can provide motivation and models for systemic approaches.